Saturday, 5 October 2013

Hello October...

Well, Autumn is nearly upon us.. although someone should tell the weather because today was soooo hot! (not that I am complaining).

Where to start....

I signed up for 


I am taking part in...

and managed to get all my items made, wrapped and sent.

Here is some of what I made...



I made & then filled with Jelly Spiders and chewy brains


This was supposed to be a scented cushion but I sewed the hole shut before I realised I had forgotten to add the scented beads!!  It then became a pin cushion!


A 'Scary Needlecase'


A orange & black cupcake brooch


A black & red bat (forgot to take individual pic of it!)


A cushion cover (I love this fabric) Plain black on the back.


Here they are at their destination.

I also sent some cupcake cases & picks, A Corpse bride keyring,  Some cupcake collage/scrap booking papers, Some Halloween felt and fabric, halloween buttons.

I was lucky enough to be partnered with...


and here is what Helena sent me...



A lovely swap (thank you Blueberry Heart) and a lovely swap partner.

I have to show you  my new (old) floor lamp...


Sigh....

I have been looking for one of these lovely lamps for ages and ages,  always too far away and more importantly too darn expensive.  However, patience is a virtue as I spotted this beaut on Ebay recently and it was listed as being in my area.  My heart pounded as I watched the price go up (and up)  but I managed to grab it at the last minute.  It wasn't cheap but I decided that as I didn't have to drive hundreds of miles to collect it, the fuel money I would have had to use could go towards it's purchase. (good idea eh?) 

I have added some items to my Etsy shop if you are interested.



The fabric on this bat is glow in the dark




 More to be added, with a Christmas theme, just got to get round to making them ha ha.  Please click on the link on the top left hand of the page.

Some Cupcakes...








And a Large Cupcake Cake...


Last weekend myself, my daughter & her partner went to the London Tattoo Convention at Tobacco Dock...

I have been to this event a few times previously, only missing the last 2 years.  So it was nice to have a day out.  We had booked lunch at Bodeans BBQ restaurant.  I have never been before (and I'm not the greatest fan of BBQ flavoured food) but kept an open mind.

Oh My God!!  It is luverly!!!  If you ever go to London and want a reasonably priced meal.  This is the place to go.  We all had the same thing.  BBQ burnt ends & pulled pork, seasoned chips & coleslaw.  Sounds rough but it was delicious.  We ate at 12 and at 6 I was still full.  I am a non fatty/wobblybit  eater but the meat was all lean.

Some fantastic tattoo artists were at the event,  some lovely tattoos also.  I have a thing for nabbing business cards.  Some are so good I frame them.

One of the ones I like...


I bought and then framed this...



I fell in love with this (pls excuse the very dodgy photo)


A good day had by all.

This is my wall now,  coming along nicely...


Finally,  can you believe my mum found this hiding in her cupboard and was about to chuck it out!!




I think not... now at home in my kitchen.

Have a lovely evening... I am going to catch-up on Marvel Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. ( New to Channel 4)


Sue x

2 comments:

  1. Love all your makes especially your cross stitch frankenstein. Loving your picture wall too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was over the moon to have you as a swap partner and had great fun creating my survival kit of Halloween.

    ReplyDelete